Adding PowerPoint Background Themes
Adding and switching between PowerPoint’s own ready-made background themes is quick and easy…
- Start by clicking on the “Design” tab, then simply select the theme you like
- More themes are located by click the down arrow located here…..
- Select the background theme that best suits what you are looking for
Adding a Custom Background
You can also add a custom background to your PowerPoint slides
- Click the “Design” tab then click the “Format Background” icon on the right hand side
- Let’s start by looking at how to insert a picture as our background. In the “Format Background” box, click “Picture or texture fill”, then, just below this, click “File…” to choose where to insert the picture from.
- In this example I’m going to select the Tulips file and click “Insert”
- Just be aware, at this point your picture may not be visible if you have already selected a standard PowerPoint background prior to this. By ticking the box marked “Hide background graphics” you will reveal your chosen picture.
- Another background option available to us is the “Gradient fill” option in the Format Background box. A gradient fill is an effect that blends colours together with a fade inserted where they meet. Let’s have a look…
Feel free to comment with your own hints, tips or experiences…